SeedSense is the central hub of your data.
Performance not Population.
In today’s farming climate where commodity prices fluctuate, input costs are higher and land values are ever increasing you need everything in your favour to keep the wheels turning, that’s where the 20/20 SeedSense® monitor becomes invaluable. Unlike the planter monitors in most tractor cabs at the moment which deliver sanitized data and tell you that if you have 5% skips and 5% double you are doing 100% job. That’s just not telling you the truth.
A skipped seed is a piece of your valuable land that has not been giving the opportunity to produce valuable grain you are growing. After all, if you have spent the time and money to fallow, fertilise and properly prepare your land you need a planting monitor that will tell you whether you have 5% of your ground without seed in it.
20/20 SeedSense display refers to a touch-sensitive monitor that shows a detailed data on row-by-row planter performance by simply tapping any window on the main screen.
The window display above provides in-depth singulation performance of the rows. Notice the bars that are showing above and below the line which mean the meter when it is doubling and skipping, respectively.
Particularly, details about each row are displayed when the lower row button in the main screen is tapped. Row details can be also viewed when you tap any bar on the bar chart screens to view details about the specific row. Some of the data that you may view are population, spacing, and double and skip information. You may also view the seeds as they emerge from a specific row unit. With this, it would be easy to monitor doubles, skips and even misplaced seeds.
20/20 SeedSense is easy to comprehend and navigate with the following components:
- Touch screen display – with 8.5” monitor to operate and navigate the system more easily
- Downforce sensor –used in measuring the excess amount of weight in the gauge wheels for better management of the downfore and reduction of sidewall compaction; possible through removing the pin in the adjustment linkage where the pin will be replaced
- Smart connector – the brainbox that is mounted in the planter’s frame, plugging it between the current 37-pin connector; gathers seed tube information and processes such to create more critical seed management information
- Row unit module –the downforce accelerometer and processor to see how the row units ride and how riding impacts speed spacing; must be bolted on the rows with smart pin
|Down Force Sensor||Smart Connector||Smart Link||Row Unit Module|
Gain knowledge & Control.
The 20/20 SeedSense® gives you the information you need to make the changes on the spot so you know that your seed will emerge the instant you put them in the ground. This monitor will give you:
- More information than any other monitor while being easier to use
- You need this monitor in your tractor so you can diagnose problems and fix them on the spot
The 20/20 SeedSense® will give you the information to:
- Maximise planting speed by monitoring row unit ride
- Monitor singulation/spacing row by row to achieve a prefect job
- Create high definition maps of seed placement not as they come out of the meter but as seeds are precisely placed in the ground
- Measure down force on your gauge wheels and remove costly compaction on you seed trench
Think back to when you last had your planter in the field how did you set your downforce pressure on the row units? Did you have enough row unit pressure to achieve the desired depth? Did you know whether your meter was performing to it’s peak accuracy? How did you know whether you were planting to maximise speed while still having perfectly adapted to changing ground conditions?
The 20/20 SeedSense® will give you the information to set all these parameters and move by the time you have done your first pass in the field. You will know that you are doing the best job you can to make you seeds come out of the ground, to put the money back in your pocket at harvest time.
If you are running more than one planter or have hired help with the addition of your Ipad in the cab you can sink 2 or more planters in the same field together so row clutches work in rhythm, no over sown areas. You can also get text field report alerts sent to your smart phone. This will let you know what sort of job your planter is doing even when you are not in the cab so you can fix a problem before it happens i.e. too much speed or bad singulation on you meters.
This monitor is amazing. On top of all that you have read, this monitor will also monitor liquid fertiliser with row flow, do variable rate prescriptions, in fact you can create prescription files right in your cab on the monitor. With the addition of “Delta Force” hydraulic down pressure you can set down force to the exact pressure you require on your individual row units. Know a fixed pressure across your planter or in sections, every row with exactly the pressure you set whether the row is on a ridge or in a header track. This monitor will give you the information to achieve the best singulation spacing and emergence you have ever had on your farm and make decisions that make you more money.